Wednesday, September 1, 2010

If I were a commercial developer

I'd be watching that rezoning battle at the corner of Friendly & Holden in Hamilton Lakes very closely. When the property classification changes from residential to commercial zoning--I'd start buying up homes in Hamilton Lakes/Starmount on Holden, Market, Friendly, Green Valley. I would turn the homes into rentals until my parcel was big enough to build ...
one of these
or this--minus the palm tree
Or an apartment building or condominium complex.

Our neighborhood's proximity to Friendly Shopping Center makes it a desirable target of commercial development.

Kotis Properties advertises its mostly empty property on Market Street this way: "CLOSEST BIG BOX SPACE TO FRIENDLY CENTER"

The listing broker for 1410 Westover Terrace, Greensboro, NC, headlines this commercial property listing with "LIFESTYLE CENTER NEAR FRIENDLY CENTER."

If we rezone, they will come.

1 comment:

starmount resident said...

Absolutely if I were a commercial developer...

Even tho of course there is a glut of buildings all over the county...

So enrench! Dig in! Be loud! Tell the zoning commission this would be a BAD idea...I am.